In various articles published on the portal Casinoz we have already praised online casinos, describing their numerous advantages. We have mentioned the diversity of their list of games, favorable conditions, generous bonuses, interesting promotions, the absence of side expenses, active development of the industry, constant improvement of software quality, etc.
However even the most dedicated fan of online gambling can't help admitting that in some aspects the portals are inferior to land-based casinos. Opponents of virtual gambling usually emphasize that it lacks the atmosphere inherent in brick and mortar gambling houses. Well, it is much more interesting to play roulette or craps in the real hall where you can chat with the dealer and partners at the table.
Many people do not like that the outcome of draws depends on random number generators. Some just do not trust software, while the others get bored to play against computers.
An excellent solution for such customers is live casinos that unite functional features of brick and mortar venues and gambling portals. They appeared in the world of online gambling a few years ago, and now almost all major sites offer tables with real dealers.
Let's find out all pros and cons of live casinos.
How Do Live Casinos Operate?
The general principle of live casinos is that you play directly on the PC screen with real dealers working in a special hall or a land-based facility.
Then let's briefly discuss the key difference:
- It differs from standard online casinos in the fact that there are no random number generators. Croupiers actually spin the ball in roulette, deal cards, and perform other actions.
- Live casinos differ from traditional land-based venues in the list of duties of dealers. They are responsible for the gameplay, but do not make payouts. Any winnings are calculated and paid out automatically.
Thus, you just watch the gameplay, which can be broadcast from:
- Special studios, which is the most common case. There are only dealers and technical staff in the room. Real players are absent, which makes it possible to create the most favorable conditions for providing high-quality broadcast.
- Real casinos, which are less common. Cameras are installed directly in the gambling facility, where other customers and employees are present. This allows creating the realistic atmosphere.
- TV studios. Some online casinos broadcast on the Internet and TV from the specially designed studios. This allows them to attract those fans of gambling who for some reason are not active users of the Internet.
In each of the options mentioned above, everything that happens at the table is recorded and transmitted to the screen of the device that the customer uses to enter the casino via a special interface.
Providers of Live Casinos
Not all (in fact, only a few) gambling portals can afford to organize their own studio with real croupiers. Most sites use the services of third-party providers. Such companies can be divided into two categories:
- Those that specialize in software for live casinos: Evolution Gaming, Extreme Live Gaming, Vuetec, Ezugi;
- Those that release games with built-in random number generators: Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Amaya.
It has long been common knowledge that Internet portals offer live games developed by several software operators.
Detailed reviews of various software providers are published on separate articles on the portal Casinoz.
Studios with Live Dealers
Studios, where real dealers work, are located in different countries on several continents. Their full list is too long to be published entirely in the framework of our review article, so we want to enumerate some facilities of several leading operators.
- Riga: Playtech, Evolution Gaming;
- Estonia: Amaya;
- Georgia: Authentic Gaming;
- Malta: NetEnt, Evolution Gaming;
- Bulgaria: Ezugi;
- Finland: Playtech;
- London: Evolution Gaming, Extreme Live Gaming;
- Bruxelles: Ezugi, Evolution Gaming;
- Bucharest: Playtech, Evolution Gaming;
- Spain: Playtech, Evolution Gaming;
- Italy: Authentic Gaming, Evolution Gaming.
- Canada: Evolution Gaming, Microgaming;
- The United States: Ezugi;
- Costa Rica: Ezugi, Visionary iGaming, Vivo Gaming.
- Manila: Playtech;
- Cambodia: Ezugi.
We want to emphasize once more that our list is not complete, since it is very extensive and can be expanded.
Features of Live Casino Interface
Each provider of live casinos uses its own software interface. Despite numerous differences, many applications share the same elements:
- Window with video broadcast;
- Interactive field where bets are made and the gameplay occurs;
- Countdown timer;
- Table with limits;
- Chat window;
- Buttons that are used to open a description of rules and a section with settings.
There are also other buttons, windows and links on the panel, so it is better to carefully study the interface in each separate case.
Games of Chance at Live Casinos
The basic set of games at live casinos includes three live games:
- European roulette,
- American blackjack,
- Standard baccarat.
To be sure, nowadays gambling facilities offer a much wider range of models, including the following gambling entertainment:
- Several versions of poker: Casino Hold'em, Three Card Poker, Caribbean Poker, etc.
- Various types of roulette: European, American, French, Double Ball, Immersive, Astro, Dragonara, etc.
- Different variations of blackjack: European, American, with various boxes and limits.
- Unusual types of baccarat: Baccarat Squeeze and so on.
- Asian dice-based games: Sic Bo, Dragon Tiger, etc.
- Many large live casinos offer unique models released by separate developers.
Keep in mind that most gambling venues do not allow playing live games for free. Moreover, it is only possible to open a table if you gamble betting real money. To be sure, you have to be registered. Live casinos with demo versions are less common. Even sites that used to allow testing live games 'for fun' refuse to offer such format.
How to Choose the Best Live Casino?
Several articles available on the website Casinoz are dedicated to the selection of the best online casinos. Recommendations provided in them also cover gambling sites with real dealers. Thus, there is no point in repeating them.
As for online games with real dealers, the following nuances should be taken into account:
- Range of games - The number of tables with real dealers often does not exceed a dozen models. Make sure that there are games suitable for you.
- Limits - A casino should have tables with the convenient betting limits.
- Language - It's always more convenient for gamblers to play with dealers who speak their native language. Bear in mind that many casinos have regional studios that focus on residents of certain countries.
- Free mode - Many people require the opportunity to test games in demo versions. If there is no such option, make sure that you can at least watch the gameplay without making bets.
- Interface features - Are you satisfied with the design of software? Are necessary settings available? Is online chat with dealers and other gamblers provided? Do games run quickly? Does the application glitch? Ideally, software must meet all your requirements.
- Mobile version - Online gambling is occupying smartphones. If you want to get access to your favorite games anywhere, look for live casinos with an interface adapted for smartphones.
- Bonuses - Special promotions for customers of live casinos are available on gambling portals. Users should not neglect such bonuses.
To be sure, it is up to you to decide in which gambling facility you should make bets. However keep in mind that the main criterion for choosing a portal is its integrity and reliability.
Live casinos with real dealers are indeed an interesting trade-off for fans of land-based venues who do not have the opportunity to visit real casinos.
If you miss the atmosphere of the real gambling hall or do not trust random number generators, you should register with a portal that offers gambling in this format. Many of them are able to please you with the highest level of service, as well as huge bonuses, top-level software, personal management, and other offers.
Casinoz offers a section dedicated to live casinos. Our readers will be able to find reviews of various sites with their detailed characteristics in it.