How many dice casino games can you name? The most popular of them is craps. It is in high demand in the casinos across the US and some other countries and is universally offered in large online casinos.
Craps attracts the customers with exciting gameplay, which allows to bet, but also roll the dice. It means players can try to affect the outcome of the round.
Craps tables always attract the most active users, craving for noisy parties. If you find yourself in a land-based casino where you can play craps, be sure to take time to get familiar with this beautiful game.
Before visiting the casino, learn the basic provisions of the rules, understand commonly used terms, and learn at least the key recommendations of the basic craps strategies. Casinoz experts advise you to start with the articles on this page of the site.
Basic rules of craps
Craps table features two main sectors:
- A spot for the roll of the dice,
- Layout for different types of bets.
Dealers, who lead the gameplay, service tables, take bets, determine winners, make payments, and remove the losing bets.
The goal of the game of craps is to guess the dice combination, and get paid by making proper bets.
At land-based casinos, customers take turns playing the role of "shooter". This is the user who gets the right to roll the dice. His responsibilities and rules of the roll are discussed in the articles of this section.
Stages of the craps game
Each round consists of two phases:
- Come Out Roll is the first roll required to set the so-called point number.
- Point Roll – all the following rolls.
During the Come Out Roll, players bet on a win or the loss of the shooter:
- Pass Line – shooter wins,
- Don't Pass Line – shooter loses.
The following combinations can be made in the process of Come Out Roll:
Features of these game situations are discussed in detail in the rules of craps at Casinoz.
Types of bets in craps
To win craps at the casino as often as possible, you need to to find out which bets give the best chance for success. House edge may vary, and the range is wide: from 0% to 20%.
There is no need to list all types of bets in craps, specify their RTP and explain the nuances, as all the necessary information is provided in articles on this page. The most popular bets among customers are:
- Pass Line
- Don't Pass Line
- Don't Come
The full list of bets in craps can be found in the thematic posts.
Please note that customers can combine different types of bets at certain stages of the game.
Special articles at Casinoz are devoted to the craps math. Make sure you carefully study the reviews to play craps at the professional level.
Varieties of craps
Most casinos offer classic craps rules and familiar T&C. The gameplay consists of the same steps.
But still, it may vary, and sometimes very significantly. Usually, the differences relate to the bet types. Sometimes they differ by payout ratios for some types.
Online casinos tend to offer the most unusual rules. Software developers often deviate from the traditional canons, so always read the rules of new games carefully.
Pros and cons of craps in online casinos
Most gamblers can afford regularly playing craps only at online casinos. This format has only one significant drawback:
- The lack of a unique atmosphere that is impossible to recreate on the screen.
On the other hand, craps in virtual casinos have some advantages:
- Availability anywhere you can go online,
- Variety of games of famous brands,
- A wide range of bets,
- No additional costs,
- The opportunity to test craps online for free,
- Availability of mobile versions for smartphones,
- There is no ban on the use of cheat sheets and betting systems,
- Other advantages of online gambling: bonuses, promotions, comp points, and so on.
Playing craps online is really convenient. To make this safe, choose reliable casinos with help of expert reviews and feedback from real customers.
The best games of the leading brands are listed in the special section of the site.
Craps in live casinos with real dealers
Currently, many online casinos provide an opportunity to play live craps with real dealers. Tables are set in the studios. The dealer serves them and leads the gaming process.
A continuous video stream allows you to follow what is happening on the screen. Bets should be made through a special program. Winners are determined automatically, and the system charges them payoffs.
Live casino craps is now are available on several platforms by leading providers of live casino software.
How to learn playing craps?
So many "experts" on the web are willing to give paid craps lessons for beginners but do not rush to give them your money. Publications at Casinoz will allow you to save a little bit.
Stick to this order:
- Carefully read the articles on the basic rules of craps.
- Pick a simple strategy without multiple bets.
- Train in the free mode, playing in the online casino.
- Test more complex techniques that allow for maximizing the RTP.
- Find online craps with the most favorable terms.
- At first, play at low bets to get fully comfortable.
If you visit an offline casino, watch the gameplay near the table, not risking money. You need to understand all the stages and terms.
Tips for beginners in craps
In conclusion, a few useful recommendations on how to win more often:
- Learn the rules thoroughly before you play for money.
- First, practice playing craps for free.
- Deal with RTP in different types of bets and give preference to the most profitable.
- To play in a real casino, you need to learn the code of conduct at the table. This is especially important if you are going to act as a shooter.
- Learn the basic terms of craps.
- Do not trust betting systems and all sorts of progressions. They are not able to save you from the house edge. Martingale doesn't work in craps.
- Compare the rules of different online craps. They may contain different payout ratios for certain bets.
Articles by our experts will help you to choose the optimal strategy of playing craps.
What else to read about craps?
We recommend you to read the posts from our "Articles" and "Strategy," dedicated to different aspects of craps. They address numerous questions, including the following:
- History of dice gambling,
- Rules of etiquette in craps,
- Tactics and strategy of craps,
- Cases of huge wins,
- Myths, legends, and prejudices,
- Types of craps players,
- Expressions used at the table,
- Controlled roll in craps and so on.
Thematic pages are updated from time to time, therefore watch for updates.
Not all land-based casinos offer to play craps, but the development of online gambling has made this game accessible to everyone.
Of course, the screen and random number generator will not replace the cheerful company which you can enjoy at the craps table in a real casino, but this format has its advantages.
Do not also forget that some types of bets allow the client to play with the casino on an equal footing. This makes craps one of the most profitable games. Hurry to appreciate its numerous virtues personally.