Bonus hunters are people who visit online casinos, bookmakers, poker rooms and other gambling sites solely for the sake of promotions. They get bonus credits and do everything that is possible to cash out these funds as quickly as possible and with minimal loss.
Of course, gambling operators all over the world are not happy with such a practice. They treat bonus hunters as rule breakers and punish them mercilessly. Read our articles about various aspects of this issue at Casinoz.
Types of casino bonuses
There are different types of casino bonuses in online gambling. They are often offered on unique terms. But the key options are:
- No Deposit bonus - is money that the casino provides not requiring the client to deposit funds. Most often this promo applies to new customers and can be claimed only once. Usually, the wins are only allowed to be withdrawn after making your first Deposit.
- Deposit match bonuses – bonus credits are charged upon the (few) first deposit. The bonus amount is a certain percentage of the deposit. The maximum limit is applied. For example, a 100% match bonus of up to 300 euros. These promotions may be valid for newcomers and regular customers.
- Free spins – we are talking about free spins on popular slot machines. Usually, their T&C are strictly regulated. It specifies the number of spins, the size of the bet, the maximum win, and so on.
- Cashback – is the return of the lost money. An online casino can provide cashback in different ways. Its size is usually expressed in percentage. The maximum amount can also be set. Terms may vary, depending on the customer's status.
- Comp points – are the special points charged to loyal players for real bets. They can be exchanged for money. The rate depends on the client's level.
- High roller bonuses – special promotions for VIP clients. It can be offered individually on different terms.
- Payment method bonuses – one of the deposit bonuses. They are provided if the player makes a deposit by the preferred payment method.
These and other types of casino bonuses are carefully discussed in feature articles at Casinoz. Be sure to read them if you do your first steps in online gambling.
Restrictions on casino bonuses
Bonuses are not available to all visitors of the casino. Even if the site allows a player to open an account, it does not necessarily mean that he can participate in promotions.
Often, all bonuses or particular offers do not apply to residents of certain countries and regions.
Also, you can not combine multiple promotions, if the rules of the bonus program do not say the opposite. For example, if you haven't met free spins requirements, most likely, you won't get a bonus on the first deposit.
All such restrictions are specified in the user agreement.
The wagering requirements of a casino bonus
Almost any bonus has a so-called wager. It is expressed as a multiplier: X20, X30, X80, etc.
This multiplier indicates how many times you need to wager the bonus. For example, a bonus of 100 dollars with a wager of X30 means that you have to stake 300 dollars.
Sometimes wager applies to the amount of the bonus and the deposit. In such cases, it is more difficult to roll over the bonus.
Casino bonus wagering difficulties
Gambling operators always introduce a number of additional rules, called the wagering requirements. Most of the terms do not make the lives of gamblers easier. Here are the main points:
- It is often impossible to win back the bonus in many types of casino games: blackjack, video poker, and so on.
- In some games, only a part of the bets is taken into account: 50%, 20%, or just 2%.
- Usually, it is not allowed to use the gambling features on slots and video poker for rollover.
- Most casinos prohibit to wager the bonuses by betting simultaneously on red and black, odd and even, large and small numbers or other mutually exclusive positions in roulette.
- Betting systems are often prohibited.
Make sure you always read the bonus terms the wagering requirements carefully. As they say, ignorance of the law does not exempt from responsibilities. If you break at least one point, you will not get the money.
Bonus hunting at online casinos
Of all the promotions made by online casinos, bonus hunters prefer free bonuses. This money is credited without a deposit, so they don't have to risk their own money.
Also, bonus hunters are attracted by large deposit match bonuses if they have a small wager.
However, the modern realities of gambling are such that bonus hunting is getting harder every day. Casinos adhere to KYC policy ("Know your client"). They ask for copies of the documents and verify players. Many request copies of documents at the first the withdrawal of funds.
If the casino finds out that the client has registered twice, his account is immediately blocked.
Also, the wagering requirements are now pretty strict at most online casinos. It is quite difficult to win back a casino bonus.
In short, doing bonus hunting is not easy.
Articles about bonus hunters at Casinoz
We discuss various points of this trend on our website. Some of the topics:
- Features of different types of bonuses,
- Bonus hunting challenges in current online casinos,
- Methods to fight against bonus hunters,
- Bonus hunter stories,
- The reefs of the casino bonus policy and so on.
In addition, we publish stories of readers who themselves hunted on bonuses. They share their experience and give practical advice.
Online casino operators treat the hunt for bonuses as a violation of the rules. If you decide to do this, be prepared for unpleasant surprises.
In any case, first of all, read all the articles about bonus hunting at Casinoz. They will give answers to the most common questions.