Casino roulette rules
Roulette is the most famous casino game. In the modern gambling business, it is inferior in the popularity of slots and blackjack, but you can be sure that the vast majority of adults in the world know how to play roulette.
It occupies a prominent place in popular culture. Numerous books, feature and documentary films, songs, television, and scientific programmes researches devoted to it. Any decent casino offers customers a roulette, even if it specializes in games of other genres.
With the development of online gambling, it has become more accessible than before. Now anyone can run roulette on a smartphone, computer, tablet or laptop. In this format, you can even play with live dealers.
If you are going to learn the basics, understand the nuances of the game process, compare major versions, master strategy and learn to beat casino roulette, you've come to the right place.
Start with the articles published in this section of Casinoz.
The game requires special equipment:
- Round cauldron with a track on which the ball rolls before falling.
- Bone, plastic or Teflon ball.
- Wheel with cells separated by partitions. They have numbers arranged in a particular order.
- Table with marking the bets.
- Multi-colored chips for betting.
- "Dolly" for the winning number on the field.
Also, chip cost markers are used and additional inventory.
General rules of roulette
Let's start with the basic provisions.
The goal of the game of roulette is to guess the winning number, to bet on it and get paid.
The classic European roulette has thirty-seven numbers from zero to thirty-six. The order in which they appear on the track wheel is strictly regulated.
The same numbers are duplicated on the table layout. Usually, in all institutions the scheme is the same.
First, the dealer opens the bets and starts the ball. While the ball rotates, customers put chips on the field. Certain bet types can be made only by the dealer. The dealer also corrects the chips if set uneven, and generally controls the actions of visitors.
A few turns before the ball falls dealer closes bet by saying the appropriate phrase and swiping over the table with your hand. All the chips, located after that, are not considered as bets and returned to customers.
The dealer indicates the winning number by using a Dolly and removes the losing bets from the field. After that, he charges payments in accordance with the coefficients.
This completes the game round.
Types of roulette bets
Many types of bets are allowed in all kinds of games. Some of them are considered universal and are presented on any roulette. Some bets are inherent only to specific variations.
First about the basic ones:
- Inside bets – bets on one, two, three, four or six numbers;
- External bets - bets on columns, dozens, color, large or small numbers, even or odd.
If the roulette table has an additional track with numbers located near the dealer, you can make oral bets there. Croupier accepts them.
- Neighbors - a few numbers on both sides of a particular number;
- Sectors - groups of numbers that overlap the field a certain number of chips.
Some casinos accept additional bets of different types: complements, finals and so on.
It is allowed to combine bets in different ways, but maximum limits apply and cannot be exceeded in any ways.
All of them are discussed in detail in the thematic articles at Casinoz.
Popular roulette types
Let's highlight the primary and most common varieties;
- European roulette - the most famous variation;
- American roulette – double game zero and unique arrangement of numbers;
- French roulette - version with more favorable rules of bets on equal chances;
- Mini roulette – a miniature variation with a reduced number of numbers and unique payout ratios;
- No zero roulette - a game without zero and others.
Less common are versions with multiple balls or reels, roulette Boule, models without traditional numbers and other types. Many software vendors for online casinos produce unique games, about which you can read on the reviews of the portal Casinoz.
European roulette rules
This is the basic version that is easiest to find in offline institutions and web portals.
When it comes to standard roulette rules, usually it means the European type.
Not all casinos on European roulette can accept oral and additional bets, so find out the nuances on the spot.
American roulette rules
American roulette has two key differences from the European one models:
- The existence of the number "00",
- A special arrangement of numbers.
Because of the double zero in American roulette, there appear additional betting options. On the other hand, it is impossible to bet on sectors.
The rules of French roulette
French roulette is very similar to the European type. Some gambling experts even suggest not to allocate it in a separate variety.
The main feature of French roulette is the La Partage rule, which makes it more profitable to play on equal chances.
Roulette with live dealers
In most online casinos with real dealers almost always you can play live roulette. This is usually roulette with girls, although sometimes the tables served by guys. European and American varieties are offered In this format more often, but there are also French and other types.
The rules of the game of live roulette are standard. The only difference is the fact that dealers in the studios run the ball and determine the winning number, by payouts are made by a program. Customers place bets on the computer using a special interface.
The rules of etiquette at the roulette table
In addition to the general casino rules, which must be followed by all visitors, at the roulette tables, there are unwritten recommendations on how you should behave during the game.
Here are some of them:
- Do not violate the personal space of other players.
- Do not distract the dealer if he is busy counting payments or chips.
- Gently place the chips on the field.
- Don't touch the neighbors' chips on the table.
- Avoid crowded tables if possible.
- Do not throw tokens to the dealer if you want to make an oral bet or make an exchange.
- Don't make noise or wave your hands.
- Do not take someone else's place if the visitor went for a couple of minutes and is apparently going to come back.
If you are not sure of the correctness of their actions, it is better to ask your pit boss or dealer whether you can do this.
Advantages and disadvantages of online roulette
In online gambling, roulette is no less popular than at the land-based casino.
Its main drawback is considered a lack of live communication and unique atmosphere, although the developers of software for live roulette successfully fix this defect.
But roulette online has a lot of advantages:
- Huge selection of models of different types,
- Wide range of bets,
- Realistic animation in new games,
- Availability from anywhere in the world where there is Internet,
- Versions for all devices, including mobile roulette for smartphones,
- You can use cheat sheets,
- No additional costs,
- Free roulette without registration in the demo version,
- Democratic tournaments on roulette and so on.
Reviews of our experts will help to choose the best online casino to play roulette for free and for money.
Roulette in popular culture
This game has generated a lot of other entertainment, not related to gambling. Perhaps the most famous of these is a dangerous game called Russian roulette. It also went down in history as soprano, or hussar roulette.
We are talking about a kind of duel, implying death one of the participants. Rivals charge one cartridge in a revolver. Then spin the drum one after another and shoot themselves in the head.
Since this type of bet is not associated with the casino, the rules of the Russian roulette is not discussed in this section.
Roulette rules for beginners at Casinoz
The articles in this section of the encyclopedia of gambling consider basic rules, as well as features of the most popular varieties and some rare models.
They discuss the following topics:
- General information,
- Types of bets,
- Additional features and so on.
All publications are written in simple language, understandable to any beginner.
How to win at roulette?
In conclusion, a few practical tips on how to win at casino roulette:
- Give preference to French roulette and other models with the maximum theoretical return.
- Avoid American roulette if it does not have special rules that reduce the mathematical advantage of the institution.
- Do not rely on a betting system like the martingale and other popular algorithms.
- Do not trust computer programs that guarantee to win.
For detailed recommendations on roulette strategy, please read a special section of Casinoz.
Several factors explain the popularity of roulette in the world. Among them are:
- The fascinating game process,
- Quite a high level of return,
- Variety of bets,
- Democracy and so on.
Any beginner who has mastered the basic rules and guidelines for the game, can approach the roulette table, start betting at any sequence – and his chances of winning will be the same as the experienced professional's.
Play roulette! It's worth it!