Strategy for roulette
Roulette is the most famous game of chance. In recent years, it is not as popular as slot machines, but still retains the title of "Casino Queen." Admit that it is impossible to imagine a decent gambling hall without a constantly rotating reel and a ball rushing along the track with a characteristic buzz.
Thousands of casino visitors, professional players, and even famous mathematicians tried to find a way to beat the roulette, but so far no one has managed to win honestly. According to a legend, the roulette creator went crazy because he could not beat his invention.
There was a joke by Albert Einstein:
The only way to win at roulette is to steal chips when the dealer does not see.
Seriously, you can win casino roulette only in separate sessions. On an infinitely long time interval, you will be in the red.
But that doesn't mean you have to give it up. Some types of roulette are among the most profitable for the client. You only need to learn how to determine the preferred version, as well as follow a simple strategy.
Casinoz experts will teach you how to play roulette, but first, let's remember the theory.
General rules of roulette
If you are interested in strategy and tactics for roulette, you are familiar with the basic provisions of the rules. They are presented in an accessible language in the relevant section of the Casinoz portal, so here we'll recall the main points.
- The goal of the game is to guess in which number the ball will stop, and having previously placed bets on one or more digits.
- The dealer opens and closes bets. They can be done while the ball is spinning.
- You can bet on one or more numbers.
- It is allowed to combine the bets, without exceeding the overall limits of the table.
At online casinos, the player makes all bets by himself. At offline establishments, the dealer must place some bets. They are called oral bets because the dealer should be asked to accept chips on these positions.
Roulette betting features
Traditional bets can be divided into two types:
- Internal - one, two, three, four or six numbers;
- External- red/black, large/small numbers, odd/even, columns and dozens.
Many types of the game accept bets on sectors, finals and so on. Read about them in special publications at Casinoz.
Varieties of roulette
There are three main types of games:
- European roulette - thirty-six numbers, one zero, the basic set of bets, sometimes with oral ones.
- American roulette - thirty-seven numbers with a special order of the track, single and double zero, there are additional bets and rules.
- French roulette - thirty-six numbers, one zero, an expanded set of bets, additional rules for the zero, a special design.
All of them are widely spread at online casinos. Often software developers offer models with features of rules and design, typical for several varieties. For example, the European roulette may accept types of bets, standard of the French version.
The most profitable is the classic French roulette with the rule La Partage, according to which the player returns half of the bets on equal chances if zero falls.
Details of the rules of all roulette types, including the unique development of software providers, are explained in the reviews of models at Casinoz.
Mathematics of roulette
Roulette refers to gambling with fixed rates of theoretical return.
For example, for all classic bets on European roulette RTP is 97.3%. This means that the average casino wins you $2.70 out of every $100 you bet.
In this case, it does not matter whether you play on equal chances, try to guess the exact numbers, bet on neighbors or combine different types of bets.
What can we conclude from this?
- Bad news: the longer you play European roulette, the closer you are to losing 2.7% of the total bet.
- The good news is, it's not such a bad indicator. Most modern slot machines take at least 3% from you, and some popular models – more than 5%.
Even worse is the situation at American roulette, which takes away 5.26% of the total amount of bets. The reason for this is double zero, increasing the mathematical superiority of the casino.
Never play American roulette at the rate of Five Line. The advantage of the institution, in this case, reaches 7.89%
And the most favorable conditions for the client offered by French roulette with the rule of La Partage. Playing at an equal chance, you will lose, on average, only 1.35% of the total amount of bets on a long segment.
Read about the level of return and the advantage of the casino in the unique varieties of roulette in the model's reviews at Casinoz.
Roulette betting systems
During the long history of roulette, dozens of strategies and betting systems were invented, with the help of which customers tried to beat the "Casino Queen." Most of them involve playing at rates that are paid 1:1 (the so-called equal chances).
Let's recall the most popular roulette bet systems:
- Martingale - this system is probably known to all casino players. The essence of "martingale" is simple. You need to double the bet every time you lose and return to the original amount at the first win. There are numerous advanced versions of it, as well as directly opposite strategies like "Anti-martingale."
- Labouchere - Laboucher method is sometimes called "strikethrough system" because during the game you need to cross out the recorded numbers. This is a negative progression with several variations.
- D'alembert - A popular strategy to reduce the bet in case of victory and increase in the unsuccessful outcome of the spin. The basis in "D'alembert" usually takes the average amount that allows you to change it in both directions.
- Parlay - Many roulette fans like this system. It implies that the winnings should be left at stake with the initial bet. The main thing here - time to pick up the accumulated payment.
- Thomas Donald - playing roulette by the method by Thomas Donald, you need to increase the bet by one unit after losing and reduce by one unit after winning. We can say that this is a less aggressive version of martingale.
- Paroli is a positive progression in which the bet must be increased when winning. Fans of "Passwords" are trying to catch a successful wave, which can quickly increase the bankroll.
All the most common roulette strategies, less popular algorithms, as well as unique author's strategies, are discussed in separate articles of this section.
Best roulette game strategy
Once again, the roulette betting systems do not reduce the mathematical superiority of the casino inherent in the game. Accordingly, they do not help to achieve the desired result.
How to increase the probability of winning at roulette? Follow the general recommendations of the experts.
- Choose a variety of the game with the maximum rate of return. From the classic versions, this is the French roulette.
- Give preference to bets with the maximum RTP, if they are presented in your chosen model. For example, play French Roulette with La Partage on an equal chance.
- Do not give up the rare types of roulette. Some models have a high rate of theoretical return.
- Learn how to distribute the bankroll properly. You should be ready to wait out the black bars. By the way, some betting systems help to control the cache flow. But remember that some strategies are very aggressive and require a substantial cash reserve.
- Control yourself. Set time and financial limits before visiting the casino and never break them.
We recommend you to follow the updates of thematic articles on our portal. We publish reviews of new online roulette games and give practical advice to fans of the game.
Reviews of strategies for roulette at Casinos
In the articles the experts of the portal considering the famous and rare game strategies. Betting systems are discussed according to the following plan:
- General information;
- Method Description step by step;
- Varieties of strategy;
- Pros and cons of the system;
Under the reviews of roulette strategies, users share their opinions, make assessments, ask questions and talk about their personal gaming experience at the casino.
Only you can decide how you play roulette: according to the known system, according to your method or randomly, making bets blindly. If you do not make stupid mistakes, any of these techniques has the right to exist, and they all leave an equal chance of winning.
The main thing - once and for all to abandon the most disadvantageous roulettes.
If you find yourself at the casino that offers only American Roulette, give preference to another game. Find a popular slot machine, make a couple of bets in baccarat or try your luck in video poker.
It is also not necessary to experiment with unique versions of roulette if you do not know what level of theoretical return they contain.
In short, as always, the Casinoz portal recommends readers to be careful while playing for money at the casino.