Roulette is the most famous casino game. In recent years, it was not as popular as slot machines, but still retains the title of "Casino Queen." Admit that it is impossible to imagine a decent gambling house without a constantly spinning reel and a ball rushing along the track with a typical buzz.
Thousands of casino visitors, pro players, and even famous mathematicians tried to find a way to beat the roulette, but so far no one has managed to win honestly. According to a legend, the roulette creator went crazy because he could not beat his invention.
There was a joke by Albert Einstein:
The only way to win at roulette is to steal chips when the dealer does not see.
Seriously, you can win casino roulette only in single sessions. On an infinitely long time interval, you will be in the red.
But that doesn't mean you have to give it up. Some types of roulette are among the most profitable for the client. You only need to learn how to pick the preferred version, and follow a simple strategy.
Casinoz experts will teach you how to play roulette, but first, let's remember the theory.
General rules of roulette
If you are interested in roulette strategy and tactics, you should be familiar with the basic provisions of the rules. They are presented in an accessible language in the relevant section of Casinoz, so here we'll recall the main points.
- The goal of the game is to guess the pocket where the ball rests, and place proper bets on one or more numbers.
- The dealer opens and closes the bets. They can be done while the ball is spinning.
- You can bet on one or more numbers.
- It is allowed to combine the bets, without exceeding the overall limits of the table.
At online casinos, the player makes all bets by himself. At land-based houses, the dealer must place some bets. They are called call bets because the dealer should be asked to place chips on positions.
Roulette betting features
Traditional bets can be divided into two types:
- Inside – one, two, three, four or six numbers;
- Outside – red/black, large/small, odd/even, columns and dozens.
Many types of the game accept bets on sectors, finals, and so on. Read about them in special publications at Casinoz.
Varieties of roulette
There are three main types of the game:
- European Roulette – thirty-six numbers, one zero, the basic set of bets, call bets are available sometimes.
- American Roulette – thirty-seven numbers located in a special order on the track, single and double zero, side bets and special rules are possible.
- French Roulette – thirty-six numbers, one zero, an expanded set of bets, special rules for the zero, a special design.
All of them are widely spread at online casinos. Often, software developers offer games with features of rules and design, typical for several varieties. For example, the European roulette may accept types of bets, typical for the French version.
The most profitable is the classic French Roulette with La Partage rule, which allows the player to return half of the bets on even chances if zero drops.
Details of the rules of all roulette types, including the unique development of software providers, are explained in the reviews at Casinoz.
Roulette is a game with a fixed return to player.
For example, the RTP for all classic bets on European roulette is 97.3%. This means that the casino averagely wins $2.70 out of every $100 you bet.
In this case, it does not matter whether you are playing on even chances, trying to guess the exact numbers, betting on neighbors, or combine different types of bets.
What can we conclude from this?
- Bad news: the longer you play European roulette, the closer you are to losing 2.7% of the total bet.
- The good news is, it's not such a bad value. Most of the modern slot machines take at least 3% from you, and some popular games – more than 5%.
Even worse is the situation with American roulette, which takes away 5.26% of the total amount of bets. The reason for this is double zero, increasing the house edge.
Never play American roulette at Five Line bet. The house edge, in this case, reaches 7.89%
And French Roulette with La Partage rules offers the most favorable conditions for the client. Playing at even chances, you will lose, on average, only 1.35% of the total amount of bets on a long segment.
Read about the level of return to player and the house edge in the unique varieties of roulette in the at Casinoz.
Roulette betting systems
During the long history of roulette, dozens of strategies and betting systems were invented, with the help of which players tried to beat the "Casino Queen." Most of them involve playing at the bets that are paid 1:1 (the so-called even chances).
Let's recall the most popular roulette bet systems:
- Martingale – this system is probably familiar to all casino players. The essence of "martingale" is simple. You need to double the bet every time you lose and return to the original amount at the first win. There are numerous advanced versions of it, as well as directly opposite strategies like "Anti-martingale."
- Labouchere – Laboucher method is sometimes called a "strikethrough system" because you need to cross out the recorded numbers during the game. This is a negative progression with several variations.
- D'alembert – a popular strategy to reduce the bet in case of victory and increase in the unsuccessful outcome of the spin. The basis in "D'alembert" is usually an average amount that allows you to change it in both directions.
- Parlay – many roulette fans like this system. It implies that the winnings should be left at stake with the initial bet. The main thing here is to collect the accumulated win on time.
- Thomas Donald – playing roulette by Thomas Donald's method, you need to increase the bet by one unit after losing and reduce by one unit after winning. We can say that this is a less aggressive version of martingale.
- Paroli is a positive progression in which the bet must be increased when winning. Fans of "Passwords" are trying to catch a wave of success, which can quickly increase the bankroll.
All the most common roulette strategies, less popular algorithms, as well as unique author's strategies, are discussed in special articles of this section.
Best roulette game strategy
Once again, the roulette betting systems do not reduce the house edge of the game. Accordingly, they do not help to achieve the desired result.
How to increase the chances of winning at roulette? Follow the general recommendations of the experts.
- Choose a variety of the game with the maximum return to player. Among the classic versions, this is the French roulette.
- Give preference to bets with the maximum RTP, if they are available in your chosen game. For example, play French Roulette with La Partage on even chances.
- Do not give up the rare types of roulette. Some models have quite a return.
- Learn how to distribute the bankroll properly. You should be ready to wait out the black bars. By the way, some betting systems help to control the cash flow. But remember that some strategies are very aggressive and require a substantial cash reserve.
- Control yourself. Set time and financial limits before visiting the casino and never break them.
We recommend you to follow the updates of thematic articles on our site. We post reviews of new online roulettes and give practical advice to fans of the game.
Reviews of roulette strategies at Casinoz
In our articles, Casinoz experts discuss the famous and rare game strategies. Reviews of betting systems cover the following:
- General information;
- Method description step by step;
- Varieties of strategy;
- Pros and cons of the system;
Users are welcome to share their opinions, give grades, ask questions, and talk about their personal gaming experience at the casino below the reviews of roulette strategies.
Only you can decide how you play roulette: according to the known system, using your own method or randomly, making bets blindly. If you do not make stupid mistakes, any of these techniques has the right to exist, and they all give the same chances of winning.
The main thing – once and forever abandon the most disadvantageous roulettes.
If you find yourself at the casino that offers only American Roulette, give preference to another game. Find a popular slot machine, make a couple of bets in baccarat or try your luck in video poker.
Don't experiment with unique versions of roulette if you do not know what level of return to player they contain.
In short, as always, Casinoz recommends readers to be careful while playing for money at the casino.