We have already told in various articles on Casinoz that betting systems, like Martingale, D'Alembert, or Parlay, do not affect the house edge in games of chance. In other words, those who constantly play roulette by any system have the same results in the long run compared to those who bet intuitively. The result is a loss of approximately 2.7% of total bets in the European version of roulette.
We will discuss the Martingale system again and give you some tips that will save you from unnecessary losses. These recommendations are suitable for playing by other progression systems, but the most popular is the Martingale strategy. That is why we have decided to use it as an example. It's simple, understandable, and can be used in many games.
Pros and Cons of Martingale System
Unfortunately, betting systems do not help users win, but it does not mean they are completely useless or even harmful. They can be practical to manage the bankroll and regulate the gameplay. The point is that you should keep in mind that if you follow such a betting system as Martingale, you should establish your loss limits and never exceed them. Otherwise, you risk losing your bankroll very soon.
The main disadvantage of this system is that while chasing the minimum profit, you can lose a huge amount.
Just imagine you start betting with $2, but nineteen spins in a row are unsuccessful; the next bet will equal $1,045,576. It is done to win just $2.
You will reach the upper table limit earlier. The system will become useless.
Tips to Fans of Martingale Strategy
If we failed in frightening and dissuading you from following the Martingale system, our advice would be helpful:
- Always start with the lowest bet. In this case, you will have more moves to reach the table's upper limit.
- Determine the amount you can lose and do not exceed it, even if you think the next spin will surely bring you profits.
- Divide your sessions into short periods.
- Select the French version of roulette with the La Partage rule. It allows decreasing the loss size if zero comes up.
- Play at tables with the highest betting range, but don't forget about your financial capabilities.
- Do not become nervous if the wrong color (odd/even, etc.) comes up several times. It is a natural process.
To sum up, the best tactic for this strategy is the so-called Hit-and-Run. It would help if you stopped playing as soon as you get a reasonably high payout. As soon as you win, run away! Many high rollers approve of such tactics. Do not wait until the casino takes away your winnings.
Ironically speaking, the Martingale betting strategy is a unique opportunity to bet a few thousand units, hoping to receive a profit in the amount of the initial bet. Use at least our tips if you relish the prospect of taking an adrenaline rush in this way. Let's hope that fate will be merciful and make red and black appear.