Blackjack fans are considered to be the most intelligent casino customers. Perhaps this opinion is somewhat exaggerated, but hardly anyone will deny that this game requires special knowledge and skills.
Having learned how to play blackjack correctly, you will understand that you have moved to a qualitatively new level, allowing you to achieve success at the casino more often or even gain the upper hand over the institution on the long term.
Various aspects of blackjack and related topics are covered in the articles in this section of the Casinoz website.
The main advantages of blackjack
Let's highlight the key benefits of the game, ensuring its popularity among customers.
The main advantage of blackjack is a high RTP, which allows you to play against the casino on an equal footing.
We can also highlight such strengths as:
- Large selection of models,
- Ready-made basic strategies for all varieties,
- A wide range of bets,
- Availability in most casinos.
Currently, there is a lot of information on how to play blackjack. Any beginner can master the game at a high level.
Advantages of online casino blackjack
Online casino Blackjack has additional benefits:
- Even a more significant range of models,
- Even wider range of limits,
- The presence of unique variations with unusual rules,
- Blackjack with bonuses and jackpots,
- Realistic animation and user-friendly interface,
- No side costs.
Playing online blackjack is profitable and convenient unless you are going to count cards, which is impossible in games with the random number generator.
Basic blackjack rules
Since a separate portal section is devoted to the game rules, we'll not consider them in detail now.
The main goal is to get paid by defeating the dealer. To do this, you need to collect more points than the dealer, but you can not exceed twenty-one point.
You can play one or more hands in different types of blackjack. In the course of the set of cards, the client can use other opportunities: double the bet, divide the same cards into two boxes, make insurance from blackjack and so on.
The set of these options and the scope of their application differ in individual models, so you should always carefully study the rules of each type of blackjack.
Blackjack uses a few dozen key terms that every fan needs to understand, not to mention the professionals. If you do not understand the necessary words and expressions, you will not be able to play blackjack correctly. Accordingly, you will not be able to achieve the maximum return and win the casino as often as possible.
Most of these terms are related to the gameplay. Here are a few of them:
- Split - the ability to split cards of the same value into two hands by making another bet of the same size;
- Double - the rule by which you can double the bet, getting only one card;
- Surrender - the refusal to continue the game with the loss of half of the bet;
- Insurance - a point that allows you to ensure against blackjack from the dealer;
- Soft 17 and Hard 17 – seventeen points together with an ACE or without it.
All important blackjack terms are covered in the articles about blackjack at Casinoz. Be sure to read these publications.
The main types of blackjack
First of all, it can be divided into two principal categories:
- American blackjack - The dealer immediately deals himself two cards, but open just one of them. If this card is an ACE or a ten, he checks himself for blackjack without showing the closed card to the player.
- European blackjack - The dealer initially deals himself one card. He puts it in the open. The next cards he deals after customers make decisions on all boxes.
Software providers of for online casinos and operators of brick and mortar gambling institutions can change the rules of blackjack at their own discretion. For example, they can limit the list of situations in which you can make a double, or reduce the number of splits on the one hand. Therefore, always carefully study the nuances of each model.
Other types of blackjack are also known, including the following:
- Spanish 21 – an unusual version without dozens in decks, with liberal rules and bonus payments;
- Blackjack switch - a game with the ability to exchange cards between boxes;
- Pontoon – variation, very a similar on Spanish 21;
- Vegas Strip Blackjack - the widespread American blackjack four decks;
- Super Fun 21 - a single deck game with special payouts;
- Atlantic City Blackjack - an American version of eight decks;
Progressive Blackjack – different types of blackjack with a cumulative jackpot, which is usually played at an additional bet;
- Double Exposure – the dealer immediately opens two of his cards to the player, but more stringent rules apply;
- Double Attack – here you can raise the bet, but other conditions are not the most attractive.
Features of all the above varieties are discussed in articles about blackjack at Casinoz. Special reviews in the thematic section of the portal are devoted to specific models of well-known brands.
Many gambling operators offer blackjack with real dealers in live casino format. Real dealers work at tables located in special studios or halls of ground-based establishments. They provide a continuous video stream from there, which allows online casino customers to follow the gameplay.
Users make bets through the program, playing on the computer. They can communicate with partners and dealers in the chat, look at the table from different angles, customize the interface and use other tools.
In live blackjack, the decks are shuffled by the dealer, not the random number generator. Out of the game cards are stored in the bump. Theoretically, this makes it possible to count cards in "live" casinos. In practice, there are many difficulties.
Read about all the nuances of playing blackjack with real dealers in the thematic articles.
Bonuses and additional bets
Some types of blackjack offer prize payouts in certain situations. For example, meets so-called Charlie Runkle. It means that a box with a certain number of cards without going over twenty-one automatically wins. In different institutions, the number of cards should be from five to ten.
Also, many casinos accept Side Bets, which are paid in the situations specified by the rules. Options can be such:
- Twenty-one point on five cards,
- Six, seven and eight of the same suit,
- The first two cards of the same suit,
- Winning hands series and so on.
You can read about prize payouts and bonus bets in special publications at Casinoz.
Mathematics of blackjack
Models from different manufacturers can be called the same, but differ from each other by all sorts of nuances of the rules: the number of card decks, the allowable number of boxes, the features of splits or doubles, the presence of the sarrender, and so on.
Any of these characteristics have an impact on the mathematical advantage of the casino and the theoretical return. For example, if the dealer takes a card on the "soft 17" (with the ACE), the superiority of the institution increases by 0.2%.
Professional blackjack players take into account all the subtleties of the rules when choosing the most profitable type. You should also learn at least the basics of blackjack mathematics to learn how to choose the most preferred models.
How to choose the best blackjack
When choosing a blackjack, you need to start from the advantages of the casino. The lower it is, the higher the chances of winning. In real casinos and online casinos are games with an RTP of over 100%. It turns out that superiority is on the client side. But to achieve the maximum rate is possible only with the help of an optimal gaming strategy, selected with all the rules.
You should also pay attention to the additional parameters:
- The range of bets,
- Reputation of the operator and software manufacturer,
- User interface convenience and so on.
But the main criterion is still the theoretical return.
Basic blackjack strategy
Many decades ago, the so-called BJ Basic Strategy was developed. As a rule, it has the form of a table that tells how to act in all theoretically possible game situations.
These tips leave the best chance of winning with the current hands. It is important to understand that these recommendations do not guarantee victory in every draw. Moreover, they do not provide success in a single game session.
The basic strategy raises the theoretical probability of winning to the limit, but practice often goes against the theory.
Even the best blackjack players face black bars. That's why all professionals try to have an impressive bankroll in stock, which will allow them to wait out unsuccessful periods.
Card counting in blackjack
Card counting refers to various systems that allow you to determine what the ratio of large and small cards in the decks remaining in the game.
Why do you need to know that? Roughly speaking, the more aces and dozens are in the game, the higher the player's chances of winning.
The simplest methods of blackjack cards counting are reduced to the fact that the player adds one to his mind, if a small card goes to the bump, and takes one with each released large card. There are also cards that do not participate in the calculation.
If the score increases, the customer raises the bet. If the indicator goes into minus, it reduces the amount at stake.
Even such a primitive approach makes it possible to get a mathematical superiority over the casino.
Also, professionals monitor the location of aces in the decks and use other tricks, which are described in the thematic articles.
You will also learn why it is impossible to count cards in online blackjack on the random number generator, and understand how effective the card account in the online casino with live dealers.
Beginners and even experienced users make blunders that do not allow them to beat the casino blackjack. Let's highlight a few common errors that you need to get rid of in the first place:
- Making decisions based on intuition - you have to play blackjack on the optimal strategy, taking into account all the nuances of the rules. Do not pay attention to the intuition and the advice of others.
- Unsystematic bets change - Learn how to properly dispose of the bankroll. Change the amount at stake, taking into account the current game situation and related factors.
- Passion for progressive blackjack - Varieties with accumulative jackpots usually have a low level of return. Playing them is unprofitable.
- Love for side bets - the side bets have a high mathematical advantage of the casino. Exceptions are very rare.
- Unwillingness to look for the most profitable models - Many customers are fixated on certain versions and do not want to consider other types, because of what they lose the opportunity to play blackjack on more attractive terms.
If you are going to move to a professional level of playing blackjack, learn to count cards in offline casinos and master advanced techniques.
Blackjack for beginners
Novice users who have decided to learn how to play blackjack correctly are advised to follow this sequence:
- Learn the basic rules of the game,
- Learn how to choose the most profitable varieties,
- Master the basic strategy,
- Choose the best strategy for the selected type,
- Practice your skills playing blackjack for free,
- Play for money beginning with minimum bets.
If you are going to play in offline casinos, learn to count cards and try to master other professional tricks. They are described in our publications.
Articles about blackjack in other sections of Casinoz
Useful information about blackjack can also be found on other pages of the portal:
- In the rules of the games,
- In the strategy,
- In the reviews of online blackjack models of different brands,
- In the news,
- In the tournament.
Stay tuned for site updates.
Be sure to learn how to play blackjack if you want to win at the casino as often as possible. Believe us, it's not that difficult. Enough knowledge of the basic rules and the ability to follow the basic strategy.