The double-up game is available in many video slots of various types. It is also called a game of equal chances or doubling round, although sometimes you can not only double the payout, and the probability of winning is not always 50: 50.
It is usually called Gamble or Double Up, but there are also other variants. It is used not only in slots. For example, it is common in video poker. But in this article, only slots are considered.
Let us give a general definition of the term:
A double-up game is a round triggered at the client's request, in which he can try to increase the amount of the payout received during the spin or in some other way.
In other words, the user can activate this function if he has won any amount. During the draw, he can multiply it or lose money.
The rules of this round, its essential versions, unusual variations, additional features, and pitfalls are discussed below.
Double-Up Game Variants
There are several main variations of the risk game. In addition, some software developers offer unusual types, sometimes surprising with their non-standard approach and creative thinking.
First, let's discuss the basic types:
- Card color is a widespread option used by most video slot manufacturers. It is necessary to guess what color the next card in the deck will be. The correct answer doubles the payout. The wrong choice deprives the player of the money at stake.
- Card suit – Usually, this option accompanies the "card color" option. The client can try to determine the suit of the card. If he succeeds, the payout is quadrupled.
- Beat the dealer – This version is typical for video pokers but is also used in many slots. The client chooses one of the cards at random. If he beats the virtual dealer's card, the winnings are doubled. You can also lose money or draw the round. Interestingly, some providers allow you to withdraw from the draw after the user sees the card dealer. This will enable you to play only in the most favorable situations.
- Coins – These varieties are also called "heads or tails". The point is to defeat the conditional opponent, guessing which side the coin will land on. Betsoft and some other developers offer very colorful solutions round. The client is usually confronted by the slot's main character appearing on the additional screen.
- Ladder – This kind is straightforward. The player climbs the steps. At each stage, he can either increase the payout or decrease it. If he gets to the bottom, he loses the bet. If he gets to the top, he will get the maximum win. Sometimes checkpoints are available, meaning a guaranteed victory of a certain amount.
Some brands offer two types of rounds to choose from. For example, in the devices, Bally Wulff is "guess the color" and "movement on the stairs."
Now let's talk about the unique varieties of the game on doubling.
- Thematic lotteries – As a rule, they are stylized variations of the classic rounds of doubling. For example, the developers mentioned above from Betsoft allow fighting in the eagle with the characters of slot machines.
- Author varieties – Some manufacturers are looking for non–standard approaches. A striking example is the untamed series models by Microgaming dedicated to wildlife. They present a unique risk game. The client must set the sector on a unique scoreboard, determining the chances of winning and the amount of potential payout.
All reviews of slots at Casinoz consider the game's features on equal chances in this model. One paragraph is devoted to it if it is conducted according to classical rules. If we are talking about an unusual version, the round is described in more detail.
Money at Stake
The user can wager all the money he received during the previous spin in the double-up game. This is the most common but not the only approach.
Many providers allow betting half the amount. In rare cases, it is allowed to change the bet in the risk game. In other words, it can be arbitrary.
Various Betting Limits
In almost all slots, you can play the double round several times in a row, but there are usually different types of restrictions.
- Limits of attempts – Many developers allow you to play no more than a certain number of times in one session, but some providers refuse this practice.
- Payout limits – the maximum amount that can be won during the round, stipulated in the rules of the vast majority of machines. Usually, it is tied to the rate.
Carefully read the terms of the risk game to avoid misunderstandings.
Tips for Slots Players
Indeed many readers have already asked themselves:
How to play the slot machine the slot machines? Do I even need to take part in this round? Should I go all the way hoping for maximum gain, or is it better to stop at some intermediate stage?
Let's start with the fact that the risk game takes place on equal terms for the client and the institution (of course, if we are talking about a licensed slot of an honest developer). Accordingly, it should not be abandoned entirely.
How many times in a row to play? In theory, the doubling game is more profitable than the base spins, so it's better to fight the casino here. But it should be remembered that a small win is always preferable to a significant loss. You should know when to stop.
Once again, each model can have its peculiarities in risk-playing. Always study the paytable and the help section. Do not forget about the free demo version, which allows you to test casino machines for fun.
Read an article about the rules of slots, learn general strategy recommendations, get acquainted with different game systems, and follow reviews of new machines. The authors of Casinoz regularly write new materials on this topic.