If you play on slot machines, surely you have long been familiar with this option. Of course, you are always waiting for it, because it gives you the opportunity to receive payments without risking money.
Let's see how free spins work, what they are, what you need to consider during the draws and so on.
Just note that we are talking about free spins, which are offered in slot machines as a bonus option. Free spins as a casino promotion are discussed in the thematic section of the Casinoz portal.
General rules of free spins
Let's start with the definition of the main term:
Free spins – rounds in a slot machine, in which the casino puts money on the line, and the client receives payments.
In other words, the user does not spend his funds, but all accrued winnings go to his balance. Moreover, often free spins are held on more favorable terms for the player. They can have increased coefficients or involved additional bonuses.
The order of free spins, the size of the bet, the terms of the round extension and other rules are strictly regulated by the rules of the slot. The most common options are discussed below.
The launch of free spins
Free spins can start in different ways. Let's highlight a few common types:
- Scatters – in most five-reel video slots, free spins start if there are at least three scatter symbols on the screen in any cell. Sometimes scatters are initially presented only on three reels. Less often, they can fall in all columns, but it is required that they appear in adjacent columns, starting with the first.
- Accumulative system – increasingly, developers are releasing slot machines in which you need to collect during the normal spins of various items or substances (coins, stones, magic energy). When there are enough of them, the free spins begin.
- Prize – sometimes you can win free spins during the bonus round. For example, they can be found in a chest or get on the wheel of fortune.
- Sudden start – Some models delight players with unexpected launches of free spins. In such slots, everything depends only on the random number generator.
- Unique methods – the most creative casino slot manufacturers offer models with a non – standard approach to the launch of free spins. Read about them in the review article devoted to different types of prize spins and reviews of gambling on Casinoz.
- Purchase – as it may sound strange, but sometimes you can buy free spins. In recent years, this feature has ceased to be a rarity. Many large software providers resort to it. The client may, at any time, to acquire the free spins. The cost depends on the rate at which he wants to play.
If any rules for the start of bonus spins are not specified in the list, please remind about them in the comments.
Number of free spins
How many free spins can a player get on a casino video slot? Usually at least five. If less they are called respin. The maximum number often reaches several tens. In addition, free spins can be extended.
Let's discuss the options:
- A fixed number – for example, from three scatters give the right to ten free draws. No more, no less.
- According to the number of scatters – let's say three, four or five scatters on the screen mean ten, twenty or thirty free spins, respectively.
- An indefinite number – in this case, the draws last until certain conditions are met. For example, until the main character of the game does not run out of life. Or until some scale is filled.
In paytable in the help section attached to the slot, it is usually always clearly stated how many free spins the client can get. In the reviews of slot machines at Casinoz, this point is also explained.
The size of the bet in free spins
Of course, any player would like to increase the bet to the maximum in free spins, but this is prohibited by the rules. Most often, the amount at stake and the number of active lines remain the same as they were in the last paid spin. You cannot change them until the end of the round.
If we are talking about a cumulative system, all previous bets that the client made in the current gaming session are taken into account. They calculate the average amount.
In slots with the possibility of buying free spins, the client determines the size of the bet. The higher it is, the more he will have to pay for participation in the drawings.
Multilevel free spins
Many software providers offer slot machines with multi-level free spins rounds. There are different options that are difficult to systematize.
In some slots, the more often a player participates in free spins, the more favorable the conditions become. For example, starting from the fifth, tenth and fifteenth starts, the number of spins and the size of the additional multiplier increases.
Levels can be activated during one round of free spins. For example, if you manage to meet certain conditions, some symbols become jokers, cheap pictures disappear from the reels, or the odds increase.
All such cases are discussed in detail in the reviews of slots at Casinoz.
Free spins gameplay
What is going on during free spins? As in normal spins, there are two main options:
- Manual mode – the reels triggers the client,
- Automatic game – spins start automatically, and the player just watches what is happening.
Sometimes both types are available to choose from, and sometimes only one of them is available.
Free spins bonuses
Currently, casino software developers are rarely limited to classic free spins with no prize features.
Consider the most popular bonuses:
- Additional multipliers are the coefficients (x2, X3, x4, etc) by which all payouts are multiplied;
- Special features of jokers – Wild symbols during free spins can increase winnings, stick on the screen, increase in size, clone to other cells and so on;
- Expanding symbols – often icons are stretched vertically (sometimes horizontally), filling entire columns;
- Picture transformations – simple pictures can become jokers or turn into giant symbols occupying adjacent positions on several reels.
Covering all kinds of bonuses in free spins would be hard. They are discussed in detail in reviews and thematic articles on the portal.
The extension of the free spins
In some slots, free spins are not extended. The player is given a certain number of spins. When they end, the round ends.
More often, free spins can continue. Conditions are different:
- Basic system – from three scatters give the standard number of free spins specified in the rules;
- Reduced number – Scatter symbols prolong the round, but there are fewer spins than at the start;
- Each scatter – even one Scatter gives extra spins.
There are also other options that need to be considered in each case.
The best slot machines with free spins
It is not possible to determine the ideal video slot with free spins, because each user has his own preferences. However, there are a number of objective characteristics that allow you to find the best slot machines.
Tips for choosing slot machines with free spins are as follows:
- Look for models with maximum RTP (theoretical return to the player).
- Consider the volatility of the game (how often it pays, and how big the winnings are).
- Only play at licensed slots.
- Carefully study the rules and understand all the details of non – standard features.
To simplify your life, check out the reviews of slot machines for Casinos. They contain all the necessary information. And the most giving casino slots are collected in a separate rating.
In many slot machines, free spins are the most attractive feature. For example, it is not uncommon to see slots that pay rarely but give the opportunity to hope for impressive wins during the free spins with additional bonuses.
Read reviews of slot machines at Casinoz. They detail the nuances of free spins, volatility levels, rules of formation of combinations and other characteristics. At the end of the article, experts give advice on how to play the video slot and what to pay attention to.
Share your opinions on free spins, talk about big wins and ask questions.