It seems at first glance that Stravaganza is very similar to the classic blackjack, but it has a number of significant differences, which do not allow considering it as a kind of this famous and popular game.
Five standard 52-card decks without jokers are used in this game. Cards are dealt from the same shoe as in blackjack. The table for Stravaganza also slightly resembles the table for blackjack, but it has a special layout that allows making bets intended for Stravaganza.
Aim of the Game
The aim of the game is to score more than the dealer. Unlike blackjack, it is impossible to bust in this game, so the higher is the player's score, the higher is his chances of winning.
Cards from deuces to tens are worth their numeral values. Face cards are scored at ten. An ace is worth 1 point.
At the beginning of each round, the player receives two face-up cards. The croupier deals himself three face-down cards.
Depending on the score, the player can make one of the following decisions.
- The player can get his full bet back. It is allowed if the total does not exceed five.
- The player can get half of his bet back. It is permitted to do this if the player's total varies between 6 and 9.
- It is allowed to keep playing with two cards and the initial bet. Then the player will compare his total with the score of the dealer. This option is available when the player's score exceeds ten.
- It is possible to make a second bet of the same size in order to receive one more card and compare the score with the dealer's number of points. This is the only option that can be selected by the player in any situation with two cards.
As soon as the player has chosen the option, the dealer reveals his cards.
- If the dealer's total is higher, the player loses his wager (or wagers).
- If the dealer's total is lower, the player receives the payout (1:1) for both wagers.
- If the first dealer's card is a red ace (diamonds and hearts), the player loses his first bet, but gets his second bet back (to be sure, if it was made.) In this situation, the score is not taken into account.
- If the second or third card dealt to the croupier is a red ace (diamonds and hearts), the player loses both bets. In this situation, the score is not important. This rule dominates the previous rule. In other words, if a red ace is not only the second or third card but also the first one, the player loses both bets.
It means that even the highest possible score in the cards of the player can not ensure that he wins.
Bonus payouts for certain hands are provided in Stravaganza. They are paid out only for the first bet. However bonus payouts are available only for the three-card hands, so they can only be obtained when the player makes a side bet. Therefore, this rule can be treated as a way to encourage players to draw a third card and make a side bet.
- Three cards of one rank are paid 3:1.
- Three face cards of one rank are paid 3:2.
Progressive jackpot in Stravaganza can hardly be found at all casinos that offer this game. If it is available, there are the following conditions that should be carried out to win it:
The player makes a side bet (for example, $1). The part of this amount is used to increase the sum of the progressive jackpot. If a certain hand (usually three kings of hearts) is dealt to the player, he or she receives the full amount of the jackpot, and its accumulation starts from scratch or from a certain minimum limit established by the casino.
Online Casinos the Offer this Game
Stravaganza is available at some casinos running on software released by Playtech. The portal Casinoz recommends that our readers should play it at Europa Casino.