General Description of Baccarat Gold
Baccarat Gold is a version of the popular game found in some land-based and online casinos. It is perfect for novice baccarat players because the primary purpose of its creation is to simplify the traditional rules and reduce the house edge. Eight standard 52-card decks and a baccarat table are necessary for this game.
As in the classic version of this game, in Baccarat Gold, it is necessary to predict the winner (either a player or a banker). It is also possible to wager on a tie.
Hands and values of cards are traditional for this game.
Baccarat Gold provides the following types of bets:
- On a player (punto) is a bet on the player's victory. The payout is 1:1.
- On a banker (banco) is a bet on the banker's victory. The payout is 19:20 (1:1 without a 5% commission fee).
- On a tie. It is a bet that the player's and banker's scores will be equal. The payout is 9:1.
Baccarat Gold Gameplay
In general, the gameplay is similar to the classic version. The differences are related to the rules for drawing cards.
If the participant bets on a player, he can select whether to draw with five or not.
If the player draws a third card, the banker makes the same thing according to the following rules:
- If the banker's total score is three or less, the banker always draws a card.
- If the banker's total score is four or five, the banker draws a card only if the player's third card varies from three to seven.
- If the banker's total score is six or seven, the banker never draws a card.
Baccarat Gold Odds and Basic Strategy
Keep in mind:
- If you select that the player draws a card with 5, the house edge is 1.15% for punto or banco and 4.9% for a tie.
- If you select that the player stands with 5, the house edge is 1.38% for punto, 0.91% for banco, and 4.9% for a tie.
Therefore, users should better wager on the banker if the player stands with 5. If you stake on the player, you need to select that the player should draw a card with 5.