In 1986, the company International Gaming Technology launched the progressive jackpots system in land-based casinoы, bringing together gaming machines in establishments around the world. The opportunity to win a massive amount of money, growing with each bet, immediately fell to the liking of gambling customers who dream of instant wealth.
In the mid-nineties, the era of online casinos began, which immediately picked up the idea of accumulative jackpots. Now such games of the leading software developers are offered in most online casinos and are in high demand among users.
If you also dream of a stunning win, read the articles in this section of the encyclopedia of gambling entertainment. It is dedicated to various topics that are directly related to the jackpots. First of all, we consider the aspects related to online casinos, but also discuss related issues.
Types of casino jackpots
First of all, jackpots can be divided into two major groups.
- The fixed jackpot has a fixed amount.
- The accumulative or progressive jackpot increases with each bet that player makes.
In turn, progressive jackpots also can be of several types:
- The stand-alone jackpot is played on a single machine or only at an individual table.
- The internal jackpot of the casino is available in several games of the same institution. It can be a video slot of the same model or different gambling entertainment, but only in this casino.
- The network jackpot is offered at numerous casinos. The organizer is usually the software provider. For example, on all copies of the legendary Mega Moolah slot by Microgaming, all users who play for money are fighting for huge progressive jackpots.
Network jackpots seem to be the most attractive because they can reach up to several million. But do not forget that these amounts claim hundreds of thousands of users.
How are jackpots arranged?
Progressive jackpots are formed on the same general principles. Their amounts are increasing due to the deduction of a small part of the bets of clients. Most often we are talking about one percent, although other options are possible.
If the accumulative jackpots are played at additional rates, then the money goes to the General Fund. This approach is used in blackjack and some other gambling games.
The rules and features of the jackpot drawing are discussed below.
Gambling with progressive jackpots
Most online casino accumulative jackpots are played on video slots. Less often they are offered in classic slot machines, blackjack, table poker, video poker, roulette and models of other genres.
Let's see how to win a progressive jackpot in a particular casino game.
- Progressive Video Slots – In online casinos there are hundreds of slot machines with progressive jackpots. Rules of the drawing vary so much that they should be considered separately for each model. The best way to understand them is to read reviews of video slots at Casinoz and test the game in person (although sometimes devices with jackpots cannot be allowed to play for free). Often the same machine is drawn several progressive sums.
- Progressive Blackjack – progressive jackpots in blackjack is almost always played out on the additional rate. Usually, it is fixed (for example, one dollar). The amount goes to the one who will collect the winning combination. In the Progressive Blackjack by Playtech, you need to get four aces of the same suit in the first four cards on the box. Also, this model has fixed payments for other combinations of aces.
- Progressive Video Poker – to get the accumulated jackpot in video poker, most often you need to collect the most valuable combination, playing at the maximum rate. Usually, we are talking about Royal flash. Sometimes it is a Royal Flush of a particular suit (e.g., diamonds in Progressive Deuces Wild Poker by Microgaming).
- Progressive Caribbean Poker – Caribbean stud poker progressive jackpots are offered by the side bet. Royal flush brings the full amount, straight flush gives ten percent, and flush, full house, and quads mean winning a fixed amount.
Progressive jackpots are also available in some models of roulette, keno, bingo, and arcade games by well-known software developers.
How to win casino jackpot?
At online casinos, the role of fortune is played by a random number generator. But even the randomizer "does not know" who will get the cumulative amount until the last moment.
The following tips on how to win the progressive jackpot do not guarantee a win, but only allow you to avoid annoying mistakes.
- Make sure you can claim the jackpot. In some models, progressive jackpots are played at the maximum bet. Can you afford it? Often the probability of winning the cumulative amount increases with increasing the rates. If you play by a minimum, your chances are slim.
- Choose games with high enough RTP. It is no secret that models with accumulative jackpots often have a low level of theoretical return. It is better to give preference to more profitable slots.
- Do not go beyond the bankroll, even if the jackpot win seems very likely to you. This is the right way to get addicted. Always determine in advance the range of bets, time spent in the casino and the amount of the maximum loss. Never exceed the limits.
- Take into account the variance. Often games with jackpots are characterized by a high degree of variability that must be considered when choosing bets and the overall strategy.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the jackpot rules of the casino.
In пeneral, the recommendations are reduced to a careful study of all conditions and cautious play.
How are casino jackpots paid out?
The rules of progressive jackpots payouts depend on the conditions of the operator and the software provider, and the amount won and other criteria. In the user agreement of the online casino, they are considered separately with a detailed description of all the nuances.
The most massive accumulative jackpots are usually paid in installments. Sometimes, a customer can choose how to benefit in a lump sum or monthly payments. Often in the second case, the client is offered more favorable conditions, so many prefer it.
Online casinos rarely refuse to pay out progressive jackpots. In real institutions, such cases are not uncommon, but they are almost always associated with a faulty operation of slot machines or jackpot systems.
Articles about jackpots at Casinoz
This section of the encyclopedia of gambling publishes materials about jackpots of different types offered by offline and online casinos.
There is no additional cataloging, but the articles can be divided into thematic groups:
- General information about jackpots with the detailed description of types, rules, and other aspects;
- Cumulative jackpots of individual software manufacturers for online casinos;
- Features of progressive jackpots in different games;
- Interesting stories related to jackpots.
The category is updated with articles, so stay tuned.
To win a multi-million jackpot in a casino is a cherished dream of every fan of gambling. Yes, the chances of breaking a huge bank are small, but sometimes fortune gives a smile to the lucky ones. Who knows, maybe next time it will pay attention to you.
But do not rely only on luck. Casinoz' expert pieces of advice will help you in the fight for a substantial jackpot.