Online casino poker
Speaking of poker as a casino game, you should understand that we are talking about numerous varieties. Even versions with the same names may differ significantly from each other in different casinos. Also, numerous poker games are offered by software developers for online gambling.
Feature articles at Casinoz will help you to understand the huge variety of types and learn the right way to play poker.
Casino Poker VS club poker
First of all, let's understand what is meant by casino poker. Let's also find out how it differs from the so-called club or sports poker.
At the casino, the customer plays poker against the dealer. Even if formally the dealer is absent, the opponent of the player is still the house. In other words, he doesn't need to beat other customers who can sit with him at one table.
Some varieties of poker, originally invented for the club format were later adapted for casinos. For example, most of the major gambling sites offer different varieties of hold'em, in which the client must defeat the dealer.
Advantages of online casino poker
Poker in a real casino buys by the opportunity to plunge into the vibe of the gambling club, communication with partners by the table, leisurely gambling process, and other delights of such places.
Online casino poker has its advantages. Let's highlight the main pros:
- A variety of games of well-known and novice developers,
- A very wide range of bets,
- Often very favorable conditions,
- Realistic animation,
- Various settings and additional tools,
- No side costs,
- Availability anywhere you can connect the Internet.
In short, online poker is very convenient and democratic.
Varieties of casino poker
Let's review the most popular types of poker, most often found in land-based and online casinos.
- Stud poker – the basic version in which you need to beat the dealer by making a stronger hand. The lowest hand is ACE/king. The maximum – a Royal flush. The client first makes an ante bet and then places a bet to confirm the intention to continue the game. The result depends on the value of his cards and the dealer's hand.
- Caribbean poker – this poker makes a difference to the classic stud by the possibility of exchanging cards. Usually, you can also play at multiple hands.
- Oasis Poker is another variation of stud poker with one or two exchanges of any number of cards for an additional fee. The amount depends on the number of cards exchanged. Other features may be available.
- Russian poker – the game is similar to the above poker versions, but has more liberal rules. For one ante you can change any number of cards, buy the sixth card and perform other manipulations. This comes at the expense of reduced payments.
- Hold'em poker casino – is a Texas hold'em club, adapted to play for customers against the casino. The rules should be specified in each house because they differ significantly. Usually, the player gradually gets the cards and can increase the bet at each stage — such games are provided by many developers of poker for online casinos.
- Three-card poker is a relatively young game, which allows making three separate bets. The customer and the dealer get three cards. Special combinations get paid.
- Four-card poker – the game is very similar to the three-card poker, but the players receive four cards. Other unique features are also available.
- Pai Gow poker – you need to defeat the dealer by two combinations, made of five and two cards. You can use the Joker. Also, there are additional bonuses.
- Let it ride poker – in this game you need to make a paid combination. Cards are opened gradually. At each stage, the client can remove part of the total bet, if the situation seems unfavorable to him.
The above types of poker are offered by many software developers for online casinos. Their versions vary in names and interface features, rules, set of options, settings, and other characteristics.
Libraries of many software producers also include unique games with unusual rules and uncommon designs. We discuss them in the game reviews at Casinoz.
Math of Poker
All varieties of casino poker have a certain level of return to the player. In most games, it is slightly lower than classic varieties of blackjack or video poker, although some games have quite a high RTP.
As a rule, the software developers provide this number in the technical characteristics listed on the official producer's website or help section. Do not forget to check it out before you start playing poker for money.
Reaching the maximum return is possible only with the help of an optimal strategy. You should choose it for each particular poker variety.
Poker strategy and tactics
All poker games at a casino have a certain level of return to the player. We have not met models with very high RTP. The mathematical advantage of the casino usually makes at least two percent. This is higher than in most video poker or blackjack games, but lower than in traditional European roulette.
You cannot get rid of the house edge, but playing by the right poker strategy makes it possible to expect a positive outcome. Detailed tips on key varieties can be found in a special section of the website.
How to choose a casino poker
When choosing a game at an online casino, consider the following criteria:
- The range of bets,
- The reliability of the software provider,
- The authority of the gambling operator,
- The convenience of the interface,
- Graphics quality,
- Availability of important settings.
Also, make sure that you have thoroughly studied the rules and picked the best poker strategy.
Poker reviews at Casinoz
Features of the poker game require a special approach to the description of the rules and other features of games of different brands. We offer the following structure:
- Introduction – preliminary information,
- General description of the rules, the goal, the stages of gameplay and so forth,
- Bonus games – any bonuses features in this poker,
- Jackpots – whether the has a progressive jackpot,
- Mobile version – the quality of touchscreen version,
- Conclusion – conclusions, a summary of recommendations for the strategy, lists of pros and cons.
At the end of the review, experts give advice on which casino offers the most favorable terms. Below, the readers write reviews, score the game, and ask questions.
How to play poker free?
Most online casinos give the opportunity to test online poker free. Software developers provide demo versions that allow you to run the game "for fun."
As a rule, this opportunity is available to all visitors. Sometimes free casino poker is offered to registered customers only. In some cases, you won't be able to test games for bonus credits. This limitation usually applies to live poker with live dealers or games with progressive jackpots.
Almost all reviews come with free demo versions. Readers can run them directly at Casinoz. Accordingly, you do not need to leave the site and go to the casino to find out if this or that game works for you.
How to play poker for money?
Usually, gamblers don't want to stick to free mode but play online poker for real money. There is no such possibility at Casinoz. The site does not accept bets and does not provide any other services of this kind.
All reviews have links to the best online casinos, which allow risking your funds in a poker game discussed in the article.
Please find the list of trusted websites, which offer the discussed game.
Choose an online casino that suits your demands, register, load funds to your account, and play poker in dollars, bitcoins, euros, or other currencies.
Other poker articles
More feature articles can be found in the sections with poker strategies, news, and rules.
They address all kinds of issues related to this game. You will learn how to select the most profitable varieties, win in poker at the casino, manage your finances, and keep yourself in hand during the game process.
Also, you will find lots of useful information on statistics, fascinating poker stories, biographies of legendary players, picks of curiosities from the world of poker, and more.
Follow the updates.
Particular types of casino poker promise high chances for success. They have a small math advantage, that lets us hope on frequent wins.
Please remember, a single strategy for all types of poker doesn't exist. Each game should be studied in order to find an appropriate strategy. Poker articles at Casinoz will help you with that.